Challenge is excited to announce its next generation coated cruising spinnaker fabric. Proven in the Clipper Cup Around the World Race, spinnakers made of FiberMax were used without replacement on boats sailing over 50,000 miles. All but one person on the many boats are amateurs, so the chutes are used and abused over and over again. No spinnaker cloth but Challenge has been used on the Clipper Cup sails for the last 20 years.
Urethane coated finish for easy cutting on vacuum tables.
• Super Tenacity nylon fibers provide excellent breaking and tear strength, and abrasion resistance.
• Very tight weave, dense constructions.
• Durable coating has excellent adhesion,
with no crazing or white-out common
on lesser fabrics.
• Firm finish provides low stretch and high performance for big boat or dinghy racing.
• Available in 94, 144, and even 184 weights for use on Super Yachts.
• Dyed bright white finish offers superior UV resistance to natural.
Fibermax 44 - 0.75 oz / 44 gsm
Fibermax 64 - 1.5 oz / 64 gsm
Fibermax 94 - 2.2 oz / 94 gsm
FIbermax 144 - 3.4 oz / 144 gsm
Super Tenacity nylon fibers provide excellent breaking strength, tear strength, and abrasion resistance
Very tight weave, dense constructions.
Proven Tough and Durable
Fibermax has been used on the Clipper Round the World race for 20 years. Proven the most durable high performance nylon.